Sprott ESG Gold ETF (SESG) is the world’s first ETF to exclusively source and refine gold from recognized ESG mining leaders (based on Morningstar’s universe of listed commodity funds as of 8/31/2022). SESG seeks to address the growing global demand for sustainable, green investment strategies, in an ETF that provides trust, transparency and traceability.
A two month bitcoin rally has reignited the gold-versus-bitcoin debate. We view such either-or comparisons of gold and bitcoin as somewhat specious, because we see little commonality between the two assets. Gold continues to function as a reliable store of value and productive portfolio-diversifying asset. In contrast, bitcoin continues to augment its reputation as a highly erratic speculation. Bitcoin’s investment merits, at least to date, have proven distinctly different from gold’s portfolio utility.
The reports of gold’s death at the hands of cryptocurrencies seems to have been greatly exaggerated. We’ve warned investors about the instability of the cryptocurrency market and the false equivalency with gold over the past two years. New data validates our concerns.
Sprott Asset Management CEO John Ciampaglia examines the relative merits of gold and cryptocurrencies as these two alternatives to traditional fiat currencies duke it out in the “monetary” boxing ring of investor sentiment.
Senior Portfolio Manager Trey Reik addresses the explosion of interest in cryptocurrencies, especially bitcoin. He attributes the growing interest in digital currencies to a concern shared by many gold investors: resentment over the financially repressive policies of global central banks. But the investment merits of gold and bitcoin are substantially different.
Insights from Sprott
- WGC - The Relevance of Gold as a Strategic Asset 2022
- WGC - Gold Outlook 2022
- WGC - Gold and Climate Change, Decarbonizing Investment Portfolios
- WGC - Gold: The Most Effective Commodity Investment
- WGC - Gold Mining’s Contribution to the UN Sustainable Development Goals 2020
- World Silver Survey 2022
- Market Trend Report: Silver and Global Connectivity - Sept. 2021
- Silver's Growing Role in the Automotive Industry - Jan. 2021
- Silver's Important Role in Solar Power - June 2020
- Silver's Role in a 5G Connected World - March 2020