Sprott ESG Gold ETF (SESG) is the world’s first ETF to exclusively source and refine gold from recognized ESG mining leaders (based on Morningstar’s universe of listed commodity funds as of 8/31/2022). SESG seeks to address the growing global demand for sustainable, green investment strategies, in an ETF that provides trust, transparency and traceability.
The 2018 Annual Meeting comes at a time of high volatility for elevated equity markets and ahead of expected interest rate hikes from the Federal Reserve. Sprott Media’s Albert Lu spoke with Sprott USA’s Chairman, Whitney George, about Buffett’s responses to some of the tough questions and the inevitable fundamental shifts on the horizon.
Senior Portfolio Manager Trey Reik responds to Warren Buffett’s distaste for gold, staunchly reconfirmed by Buffett at the May 5 Berkshire Hathaway Annual Shareholder Meeting. Reik finds Buffett's gold-versus-stocks comparison self impeaching, and suggests that a prudent allocation to gold could improve the risk-adjusted returns even for Berkshire Hathaway.
Portfolio Manager Whitney George reviews his approach to value investing: “We just try to identify great businesses and buy them when they go on sale. Given the current backdrop, we expect our disciplined approach to be rewarded with attractive opportunities for investment throughout 2018.”
Insights from Sprott
- WGC - The Relevance of Gold as a Strategic Asset 2022
- WGC - Gold Outlook 2022
- WGC - Gold and Climate Change, Decarbonizing Investment Portfolios
- WGC - Gold: The Most Effective Commodity Investment
- WGC - Gold Mining’s Contribution to the UN Sustainable Development Goals 2020
- World Silver Survey 2022
- Market Trend Report: Silver and Global Connectivity - Sept. 2021
- Silver's Growing Role in the Automotive Industry - Jan. 2021
- Silver's Important Role in Solar Power - June 2020
- Silver's Role in a 5G Connected World - March 2020