Sprott Asset Management
Position Title: Junior Trade Assistant
Employer: Sprott Asset Management
Sprott Asset Management LP (“SAM”), a division of Sprott Inc. (“Sprott”), offers investors access to highly differentiated precious metals strategies. As experts in this space, the firm’s offerings include unique physical bullion trusts, mining ETFs, actively managed equity strategies and highly specialized private equity and debt strategies. SAM LP is able to meet clients’ needs through both public and private investment strategies, institutional LPs, offshore funds and separately managed accounts. Through its other divisions, SAM LP’s parent company, Sprott, also partners with natural resource companies to help meet their capital needs through brokerage and resource lending activities.
Sprott is based in Toronto and has offices in New York, California, Connecticut, London and Vancouver. Sprott today serves over 200,000 global clients and, as of March 31, 2022, has approximately $23.7 billion in assets under management. Sprott’s common shares (SII) are listed on the NYSE and TSX.
SAM is registered with the Canadian Securities Administrators in nine provinces, including Ontario, where the firm holds registrations in the following categories: Commodity Trading Manager, Investment Fund Manager, Exempt Market Dealer and Portfolio Manager.
Sprott is looking for a highly motivated full-time Junior Trade Assistant to join its team in its Toronto office. This position will report to the Head Trader and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist the Trading Department in all day-to-day administrative duties, including monitoring and trading;
- Execute trade orders for portfolios, under the supervision of the Head Trader;
- Work closely with Portfolio Managers, Operations and Compliance Departments;
- Assist in trade reporting, reconciliation and allocation;
- Support implementation and testing of new trading software;
- Create trading notes;
- Analyze market data, monitor news and information sources to develop consolidated reports.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in relevant field. A degree in computer sciences or data science would be an asset;
- 1-2 years’ experience trading equities. Experience with F/X, commodities and derivatives would be an asset;
- Canadian Securities Course would be an asset;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Attention to detail with demonstrated problem solving ability;
- Adherence to the highest ethical standards, personally and professionally;
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to multitask in a fast paced environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Previous experience with trading systems and platforms, including Bloomberg;
- Proficiency with Matlab, Python, C++ and R;
- Superior level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and VBA; and
- Following Health Canada's guidance and other applicable provincial public health guidance, to prevent the infection and spread of COVID-19 in the workplace, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Sprott requires that all employees who work in its Canadian and U.S. offices be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless they are exempt from vaccination for a legally-protected reason.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com with the position title (Junior Trade Assistant) in the subject line. Sprott welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Please let us know if we can provide accommodations to support your participation in Sprott’s recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates as determined by Sprott will be contacted. Sprott does not accept unsolicited agency resumes or phone calls.