Investment Banking Associate
Employer: Sprott Capital Partners
Sprott Capital Partners LP (“SCP”), a division of Sprott Inc. (“Sprott”), was formed in 2017 to provide a comprehensive suite of capital raising and advisory solutions to natural resources companies. In a short period of time, SCP has become a trusted partner to corporate and institutional clients by leading and completing a number of financings and M&A advisory mandates. Leveraging its deep sector expertise, longstanding relationships and best-in-class execution capabilities, SCP is uniquely positioned to deliver successful financial and strategic outcomes to its clients.
Sprott is based in Toronto and has offices in New York, California, Connecticut, London and Vancouver. Sprott today serves over 200,000 global clients and, as of September 30, 2021, has approximately $19 billion in assets under management. Sprott’s common shares (SII) are listed on the NYSE and TSX.
SCP is looking for a highly motivated full-time Investment Banking Associate to join its team in its Toronto office. We are looking for a hard working individual with a desire to learn and grow in this busy environment. The incumbent will assist the Toronto Investment Banking group with all facets of transaction execution, presentations, developing and maintaining financial models, communicating with corporate clients, legal counsel and other investment dealers in a highly confidential environment.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Building and utilizing exceptional level of knowledge of finance and capital markets to understand and meet client needs.
- Analyze detailed corporate and industry financial information, as well as conducting due diligence.
- Perform extensive research on market and industry trends and developments to help construct transaction rationale in the context of business development activities.
- Development of financial models related to merger and acquisition transactions, company/asset valuations and capital raises.
- Integral to the execution of transactions, solving complex problems using rigorous analytical techniques, leading workstreams and driving deliverables, and regularly presenting to senior executives.
- Provides direction and feedback to Analysts; accountable for development and mentoring of Analysts.
- Support and lead the work efforts behind the identification and development of business opportunities with clients, the preparation of marketing materials and presentations.
- Support the senior professionals in the execution of mandates and preparation of presentations for clients or for internal usage.
- Taking ownership of projects to drive a process forward, and also seeking counsel from others.
- Following Health Canada's guidance and other applicable provincial public health guidance, to prevent the infection and spread of COVID-19 in the workplace, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Sprott requires that all employees who work in its Canadian and U.S. offices be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless they are exempt from vaccination for a legally-protected reason.
- At a minimum two to four years of full-time work experience in corporate finance, investment banking, accounting or private equity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, geology, finance or economics.
- Excellent quantitative, writing, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Work well in a team environment and be able to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Superior analytical skills in terms of business valuation, financial modeling and accounting.
- Experience with financial markets software and applications including Bloomberg, FactSet and Capital IQ.
- Strong writing skills, with ability to describe financial analysis in succinct form.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Ability to multi-task with superior attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- A strong interest in and understanding of financial markets.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com with the position title (Investment Banking Associate) in the subject line. Sprott welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Please let us know if we can provide accommodations to support your participation in Sprott’s recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates as determined by Sprott will be contacted. Sprott does not accept unsolicited agency resumes or phone calls.