Investment Banking Analyst
Job Title: Investment Banking Analyst
Employer: Sprott Capital Partners
Sprott Inc. is an alternative asset manager and a global leader in precious metal investments with $17.4 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2020. Sprott is dedicated to providing investors with specialized investment strategies that include Exchange Listed Products, Lending, Managed Equities and Brokerage. We also partner with natural resource companies to meet their capital needs through our merchant banking and resource lending activities. Sprott is based in Toronto and has offices in New York, California, Connecticut, London and Vancouver.
Sprott Capital Partners LP (“SCP”) was formed in 2017 to provide a comprehensive suite of capital raising and advisory solutions to natural resources companies. In a short period of time, SCP has become a trusted partner to corporate and institutional clients by leading and completing a number of financings and M&A advisory mandates. Leveraging its deep sector expertise, longstanding relationships and best-in-class execution capabilities, SCP is uniquely positioned to deliver successful financial and strategic outcomes to its clients.
Sprott Capital Partners is looking for a highly motivated full-time Investment Banking Analyst to join its team in Toronto. We are looking for a hard working individual with a desire to learn and grow in this busy environment. The incumbent will assist the Toronto Investment Banking group with all facets of transaction execution, presentations, developing and maintaining financial models, communicating with corporate clients, legal counsel and other investment dealers in a highly confidential environment.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Support the senior professionals in the execution of mandates and preparation of presentations for clients or for internal usage
- The analyst will be required to analyze financial statements, construct financial models, perform valuation related work (comparables analysis and discounted cash flow analysis) and perform other qualitative or quantitative analysis as required
- Perform extensive research on market and industry trends and developments to help construct transaction rationale in the context of business development activities
- Provide assistance on advisory mandates involving mergers and acquisitions
- Provide support in terms of researching and preparing key information needed in preparing materials needed to originate investment banking mandates
- Build strong relationships with other business units
- Develop an excellent understanding of the financial markets
- Responsible for evaluating and analyzing the financial needs of corporate clients and proposing potential financial strategies to the senior bankers
- Support and lead the work efforts behind the identification and development of business opportunities with clients, the preparation of marketing materials and presentations
- Closely involved in the structuring and execution of transactions and will manage various internal processes
- Bachelors degree in finance or related industry
- Excellent quantitative, writing, interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience within an investment banking/asset management environment, either as research or investment banking analyst (an asset)
- Work well in a team environment and be able to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent computer skills are required for this position, specifically advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Good understanding of capital markets in general, and be familiar with common industry news publications and information sources such as Bloomberg, CapitalIQ and FactSet
- Superior analytical skills in terms of business valuation, financial modeling and accounting
- Strong writing skills, with ability to describe financial analysis in succinct form
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Ability to multi-task with superior attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title (Investment Banking Analyst) in the subject line. Sprott welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Please let us know if we can provide disability-related accommodations to support your participation in Sprott’s recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates as determined by Sprott will be contacted. Sprott does not accept unsolicited agency resumes or phone calls.