Equity Research Associate
Employer: Sprott Capital Partners LP
Location: Toronto, Ontario / London, UK
Sprott Capital Partners LP (“SCP”), a division of Sprott Inc. (“Sprott”), was formed in 2017 to provide a comprehensive suite of capital raising and advisory solutions to natural resources companies. In a short period of time, SCP has become a trusted partner to corporate and institutional clients by leading and completing a number of financings and M&A advisory mandates. Leveraging its deep sector expertise, longstanding relationships and best-in-class execution capabilities, SCP is uniquely positioned to deliver successful financial and strategic outcomes to its clients.
Sprott is based in Toronto and has offices in New York, California, Connecticut, London and Vancouver. Sprott today serves over 200,000 global clients and, as of September 30, 2021, has approximately $19 billion in assets under management. Sprott’s common shares (SII) are listed on the NYSE and TSX.
SCP is recruiting a full time sell-side mining Equity Research Associate based in either London, UK or Toronto, Ontario.
- Work directly analysts and senior associates;
- Attend daily meetings with CEOs;
- Assist with daily internal news briefings to global team;
- Help with daily equity research and longer initiations, for external publication;
- Build detailed DCF models including integrated financial statements; and
- Build and maintain comparison sheets for commodities and issuers.
SCP provides candidates with an entrepreneurial and collaborative atmosphere; candidates will be hands on with clients and be given opportunity to grow within the group and advance their corporate career.
- Post-graduate experience in financial services, business development or management consulting;
- Experience or demonstrated desire to specialize in the mining sector;
- Strong knowledge of financial statements, and DCF modelling;
- Extremely strong undergraduate academics at a leading university;
- Rounded individual with demonstrated team-skills to work in fast paced environment;
- One to four years post-graduate experience;
- Post graduate qualifications such as MBA, CFA, MSc finance looked on favorably; and
- Following Health Canada's guidance and other applicable provincial public health guidance, to prevent the infection and spread of COVID-19 in the workplace, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Sprott requires that all employees who work in its Canadian and U.S. offices be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless they are exempt from vaccination for a legally-protected reason. This requirement does not apply to Sprott’s London, UK office.
To apply for this position, please send your resume, cover letter and academic transcripts to Brock Salier at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title (Equity Research Associate) in the subject line. Sprott welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Please let us know if we can provide accommodations to support your participation in Sprott’s recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates as determined by Sprott will be contacted. Sprott does not accept unsolicited agency resumes or phone calls.