Director of Regulatory Marketing Compliance
Employer: Sprott Asset Management USA, Inc.
Location: New York, NY, or Toronto, ON or Darien, CT
Reporting to: US General Counsel/ Chief Compliance Officer & Canadian Advisory Chief Compliance Officer
Sprott Asset Management LP (“SAM”), a division of Sprott Inc. (“Sprott”), offers investors access to highly differentiated precious metals strategies. As experts in this space, the firm’s offerings include unique physical bullion trusts, mining ETFs, actively managed equity strategies and highly specialized private equity and debt strategies. SAM LP is able to meet clients’ needs through both public and private investment strategies, institutional LPs, offshore funds and separately managed accounts. Through its other divisions, SAM LP’s parent company, Sprott, also partners with natural resource companies to help meet their capital needs through brokerage and resource lending activities.
Sprott is based in Toronto and has offices in New York, California, Connecticut, London and Vancouver. Sprott today serves over 200,000 global clients and, as of September 30, 2021, has approximately $19 billion in assets under management. Sprott’s common shares (SII) are listed on the NYSE and TSX.
We are currently seeking a Director of Regulatory Marketing Compliance who will work with the U.S. General Counsel/Chief Compliance Officer and Canadian Advisory Chief Compliance Officer, as well as the Chief Marketing Officer, in administering the compliance marketing program for U.S. and Canadian based affiliates. This is a mid-tier level position with the responsibility of administering the review of marketing materials for the entire organization in alignment with the compliance program. This position will report directly to the U.S. General Counsel/Chief Compliance Officer and the Canadian Advisory Chief Compliance Officer, and will also be working in close concert with the Chief Marketing Officer and other co-workers. The candidate will have the opportunity to develop the role in accordance with their skillset. There will be daily assigned tasks as well as a high degree of project work. The successful candidate will possess both excellent written communication skills and a high degree of attention to detail as well as the ability to prioritize assigned tasks and work independently.
- Review marketing materials related to the marketing and regulatory requirements associated with the sales and promotion of the Sprott Investment Products ("Funds"), which currently include 9 funds; 5 Sprott Physical Bullion Trusts; 2 ETFs; and 2 Mutual Funds.
- Review marketing materials, due diligence responses, investor communications and other fundraising and reporting related materials (e.g., quarterly letters, recordings, memoranda, etc.) across various investment strategies from a legal, regulatory and compliance perspective.
- Provide support relating to materials responsive to existing investors’ legal and marketing compliance-related requests.
- Assist in maintaining internal policies and procedures and current regulatory guidance with respect to marketing and other related compliance matters.
- Develop in-house educational materials and training for internal business professionals with respect to marketing and fundraising regulations and protocols.
- Assist in assessing current and prospective regulatory risk through industry interaction and research.
- Assist with other day-to-day legal and compliance matters if/as needed.
- In addition, the employee will have the opportunity to interact with legal and compliance teams dedicated to Sprott’s various business units and geographic regions.
- Monitor regulatory requirements, manage assignments and timelines to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Identify and coordinate resolution of compliance issues.
- Assist with management of records retention policies and procedures.
- Assist in document gathering and provide support during periodic regulatory exams, annual reviews and internal audits.
- Cross train in other compliance tasks to backup absent staff members.
- Participate and conduct training for employees on compliance requirements.
- Work on special projects as needed.
Sprott seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. More specifically, the successful candidate should have:
- +5 years of prior experience at a law firm and/or investment management firm.
- Prior experience in a marketing material compliance role.
- FINRA Series SIE, 7TO, 63/65 or 66 and 24 are a strong asset.
- Understanding of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and FINRA advertising and communications regulations.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Strong drafting and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively.
- Ability to work independently while remaining a strong team player.
- Ability to interpret legal and business terms and grasp concepts quickly.
- Substantial initiative, creativity and drive.
All candidates who receive an offer of employment from Sprott will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination unless they have been approved for an accommodation or they will work in a state that does not permit vaccination requirements.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com with the position title (Director of Regulatory Marketing Compliance) in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates as determined by Sprott will be contacted. Sprott does not accept unsolicited agency resumes or phone calls.
Sprott welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Please let us know if we can provide accommodations to support your participation in Sprott’s recruitment process.
Sprott Global Resource Investments Ltd. and Sprott Asset Management USA, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Employers.