Senior Performance Analyst
Sprott is looking for a highly motivated full-time Senior Performance Analyst to join its team. The ideal candidate will manage all aspects of performance measurement at the firm.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Interpretation and provision of insightful commentary on performance results, including the impact of market factors and other drivers.
- Ensuring accurate validation of monthly accounting data and rate of return calculations.
- Producing timely delivery of client reporting and creating custom reports.
- Managing all performance benchmarks used at the firm along with their assignments to investments.
- Managing quarterly production of fund manager review analytics.
- Analyzing competitive products.
- Ensuring policies and procedures are implemented and documented.
- Ensuring accuracy and quality through management summaries and reports.
- Implementing, managing and monitoring the firm’s composites; assuring composite construction meets industry best practices and regulatory requirements; and completion of due diligence questionnaires.
- Managing third-party relationship with outside reporting vendor(s) as it relates to performance.
- 3-5 years of experience working in a performance and daily accounting environment required.
- Advanced knowledge of Portfolio Performance Measurement and Standards.
- CIPM designation required.
- Full working knowledge of the GIPS – Global Investment Performance Standards and the verification process is essential.
- Strong understanding of Equity Markets, ETFs and Hedge Funds.
- Expert knowledge of Performance Attribution and Characteristics, Benchmark Composition.
- Highly developed and demonstrated problem solving, analytical & numeric and verbal/written communications skills are essential.
- Effective project management/participation skills.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of our business model and a proven ability to communicate with senior internal team members (e.g., PMs and Analysts) and external contacts (e.g., managers, custodians, and clients)
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office products (specifically with respect to Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Word), Bloomberg and Morningstar.
- Must be a team player with effective time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance, as well as work effectively with other departments within the firm.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Possess strong communication skills.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Sarah-Jane Martin – email@example.com with the position title (Senior Performance Analyst) in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates as determined by Sprott will be contacted. Sprott Inc. does not accept unsolicited agency resumes or phone calls.